NYC - ON SITE
You will be one of the first hires of a newly funded company responsible for managing a suite of AI-enabled tools for artists and designers. You'll own the day-to-day timelines from ideation to ship. You'll work closely with our engineers and designers to make sure the highest quality software reaches people around the globe.
We believe working together is important, so being local and ready to work in person is essential. We believe creative teams need to spend time together to do their best work. Your job will be to corral the technical and creative aspects of the timeline all while staying on top of fast-moving changes in a rapidly evolving landscape.
- Work with the CEO and CTO to bring a product vision and roadmap to life
- Explore product ideas in mockups/animations in Figma or similar
- Manage complex projects in a way that empowers the people you work with
- Help set the company's strategic direction, defining and articulating new opportunities
- Establish key performance metrics across all platforms, and develop long-term strategies and products to improve them
- Oversee concept development, scoping, and feature prioritization from ideation to ship
- Review wireframes and design mockups, and provide feedback and approval to the product designer
- Integrate user research, market analysis, and community feedback into product requirements
- Diagnose complex problems, develop data-driven recommendations and execute those initiatives and generate new ideas for growth
- Facilitate communication throughout the development process by collaborating with design, tech art, engineering, and QA teams
- Lead sprints and be accountable for ensuring products are delivered on time and in line with the scope
- Be a team leader: make sure everyone working on your products feels informed, supported, and listened to throughout the process
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED TO BRING
- 3+ years of product management, ideally including web and app development (be prepared to show us products you have managed end-to-end)
- Experience managing and leading teams to meet ambitious goals & tight deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to speak the language of both engineers and artists
- Strong UX sensibilities
- Analytical chops: can use data to measure successes and failures
- Knowledge of kids' apps: aware of best practices and trends
- A keen eye for detail
- A desire to solve problems, no matter what it takes
- Excellent listening and strong communication skills
- A sense of urgency
NICE TO HAVES
- AI experience
- A love of art, design, and visual culture
- Experience managing products with a large user base
- A sense of humor
HOW TO APPLY
Please send us your resume and any of the following that apply: GitHub profile, Dribbble account, Twitter handle, blog URL, etc. (Anything that helps us learn more about what makes you tick.) Most important, send us a note telling us about what work you’re most proud of, and excited about, and what you’d like to accomplish next.
Be sure to include: your expected salary range, reference contacts, and your earliest possible start date.
Send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org.