NYC - ON SITE
Senior Frontend Engineer - Web
We’re looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer able to take the lead on an ambitious set of projects which will involve creative problemsolving to make a category defining product.
- Work with the team on building a new web application from the ground up in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Be the lead developer on the frontend stack
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED TO BRING
- Frontend expertise: 3+ years of experience with modern frameworks like Svelte, React, Angular, or Vue.js. You know how to structure complex web apps (we're planning to use Svelte).
- Quality UI/UX: You work closely with the team to create beautiful user experiences with speed and quality in mind. You write clean, maintainable code that scales over time.
- Eye for detail: You work closely with designers to craft user interfaces with attention to detail. You have a unique perspective.
- Problem-solving skills: You approach problems holistically and independently, identifying solutions and taking initiative to solve unforeseen problems.
- Communication and collaboration skills: You communicate effectively with the team, working closely with designers and engineers. You enjoy collaborating in a fast-paced, cross-disciplinary creative environment.
NICE TO HAVES
- You have experience with Svelte and SvelteKit.
- You have experience with GraphQL.
- You have experience with full stack development across Node.js/Python/Google Cloud and Docker.
- You have experience with testing frameworks and automated testing tools.
- You have experience working with Generative AI models including such as DALLE and Stable Diffusion
What tech stack will you be working with?
Our application is being built on a modern stack using Svelte, TypeScript, Python, Tailwind, NodeJS and GraphQL. Since we still are in an early stage, you input can easily influence the technology choices we make.
Do I have to have long AI experience to apply?
No. Although AI is an integral part of what we do, we focus on solving complex UI/UX and creative workflow challenges. Since many AI tools and techniques are new, we don't require long-term experience. We value colleagues who are curious and eager to learn new things.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send us your resume and any of the following that apply: GitHub profile, Dribbble account, Twitter handle, blog URL, etc. (Anything that helps us learn more about what makes you tick.) Most important, send us a note telling us about what work you’re most proud of, and excited about, and what you’d like to accomplish next.
Be sure to include: your expected salary range, reference contacts, and your earliest possible start date.
Send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org.