NYC - ON SITE
In this role you will be designing the interface for a new generation of image making and editing apps that will work across the Web and macOS. You will have a broad portfolio that includes brand design and either application design, web design (or both).
You will work closely with the product team on all aspects of design. Over time as we bring on more designers your work will become more specialized. We are looking for people who take ideas and make them look and work better.
- Work with the product team to build design roadmaps for engineering.
- Explore product ideas in mockups/animations in Figma or similar.
- Solve problems through design and help distill technical solutions into user-centric elegant visual tools.
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED TO BRING
- 3+ years of design work, ideally including web or app development (be prepared to show us products you've designed end-to-end)
- Ability to take diverse ideas and turn them into actionable designs
- The ability to effortlessly explain through design using a variety of techniques (images, video, mockups etc) amd create low and high fidelity comps for prototypes.
- Strong opinions about design, typography, UI, UX
- An empathetic approach to design that respects users
- Work towards design systems
NICE TO HAVES
- Awesome side projects
- A deep knowledge of visual culture
- The ability to use technology to create art in interesting ways
- A wide network of artists
Do I have to have long AI experience to apply?
No. Although AI is an integral part of what we do, we focus on solving complex UI/UX and creative workflow challenges. Since many AI tools and techniques are new, we don't require long-term experience. We value colleagues who are curious and eager to learn new things.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send us your resume and any of the following that apply: GitHub profile, Dribbble account, Twitter handle, blog URL, etc. (Anything that helps us learn more about what makes you tick.) Most important, send us a note telling us about what work you’re most proud of, and excited about, and what you’d like to accomplish next.
Be sure to include: your expected salary range, reference contacts, and your earliest possible start date.
Send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org.